(gluten-free | dairy-free | egg-free).
30 Days PCOS Challenge – Day 4.
I don’t have any restrictions over eggs, actually. But during the searching of gluten & dairy free pancakes, i stumbled upon this vegan recipe from runningonrealfood.com that seemed really tasty. Ok, might as well make it vegan then!
Not gonna lie, this pancake is not as fluffy as the regular one made from flour. But hey, this is healthier (insya Allah) and still tastes amazeballs. The chickpea flour really gives you mild yet distinctive, pleasant aroma and flavor.
(2 pancakes | 20mins).
– 80gr chickpea flour
– A baby kiss of sea salt and coconut sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup of water
– 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– Toppings of your choice
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Slowly pour water and mix thoroughly until you have thick but pourable pancake batter.
3. Heat the olive oil on the pan. Pour the batter. You can make 2 medium sized pancakes or 4 small pancakes.
4. Cook for 2 minutes. Once it starts to bubble, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
5. Add your favorite toppings. I use honey and strawberries.
+ I really really recommend to eat the pancakes while it’s warm for a fluffier texture.
+ I bought chickpeas flour in my favorite supermarket LULU BSD that sells a lot of arabic ingredients.